Mineral resource maps
Version 5 of Google Earth is required, Google Earth Help to view maps in Google Earth.
54 new targets with orogenic gold potential in the Ungava
This Google Earth file shows the location of 54 potential gold areas in the Ungava Orogen Northern Domain. These areas were generated through spatial analysis and integration of 27 geological parameters extracted from SIGÉOM. They are located in NTS sheets 35F/08, 35F/09 and 35G/10 to 35G/16. These areas are also displayed in GESTIM . Details on the modelling method will be published in 2013 (EP 2013-01).
- Québec geological map
- Producing Mines and Mines in Care and Maintenance
- Mining projects
- Map of the Main Geological Subdivisions of Québec
- Diamonds, kimberlite pipes and deep-seated lineaments in Québec
Geochemical indicators of mineral potential
- Lake sediment targets generated by geographically weighted regression of copper, lanthanum, nickel, uranium and zinc values – November 2010
- Lake sediment targets generated by geographically weighted regression of copper, lanthanum, nickel, uranium and zinc values – March 2010
- Zones favourable for silver, arsenic, cobalt, copper, molybdenum, nickel, uranium, yttrium and zinc in the secondary environment
- Distribution of values for the following chemical elements in lake sediments of Québec2:
1. Methodology available in document EP 2010-01
2. For each downloaded item, an image in Google Earth format shows the levelled distribution of the element in lake sediments in Québec. This type of image is a regional reflection of the surrounding rock type. In some cases, the higher concentration of an element could indicate the presence of a deposit. Users of Google Earth Version 6 who experience display problems should choose DirectX in 3D View preferences (Preferences-> 3D View), and use Safe Mode.
These maps are available in three formats :